Friday, June 6, 2008

Tonnies interview with sanaipei tande

Peel your eyes guys

It’s Sana

Think you are the only one who got left in a trance when her curvaceous-self hit TV during the Coca cola popstars? You’re dead wrong, so pick a number and wait in the “I got fluffed-up by her spell” queue. Radio and Music are just two specks on this diamond. She has a chat with HFM’s Anthony Nabiliki. Meet Sanaipei Tande.

Six quick words that clearly say Sana? Shy, Down to earth, Intelligent, Helpful, Conservative and too honest it can kill me.

Going back to coca cola pop-stars, what major transitions did you undergo during and after the competitions.

Well, before the competition I was in college studying pharmacy, which I took a break from till now...so not being in school for all this time after attending it all my life is definitely a major change.There is also the aspect of my personal life not being so personal anymore.... Which really annoys me because everything I do, everywhere I go is chronicled and that part of my life isn’t for the general public...and if i go on with this topic you might not have space for anything else in your mag.

Is there a possibility of us hearing a SEMA song or even album sometime in future?

There’s no predicting the future let nature take its course. I believe Pam, Kev and I met for a good reason which at least according to me hasn't been exhausted...so i would love the opportunity for Sema to utilize their talents together.... because we were great together...nobody can dispute that.

What are your latest developments musically?

I honestly haven't done much; then again I haven’t released anything, but I’m working on it. Although I have managed to collaborate with the king of Genge himself, Jua Cali on the Calif song kwaheri. The video will be out soon.

Have you ever tried a hand in modeling, because clearly… you can work it!

You guy! I tell you how shy I am then you ask me if I’ve ever tried my hand in walking in front of a bunch of people with flashing cameras. Anyway the only modelling I’ve done is print modelling, ...never tried the catwalk. But then again you never know what lies in the future...but thanks for the compliment.

How did you get to land into radio and how is the experience?

My job on radio basically came as a result of my musical exposure, which enabled Kiss 100 to get to know of me, hear me and try me out...and I qualified! The rest is history. The experience is fantastic! I work with a great bunch of people who are always ready to teach and offer their help when you get stuck. Its amazing...its also made me more talkative and expressive.

Who or what has been of major influence in your life?

My Mama!! She’s an amazing person. Easy to talk to, always reliable, very strong willed, a hardworker. Resilience is her other name... oh and she can cook! wa wa wa.

Growing up at the coast, does Nairobi pose a whole different vibe to you? Is it nice or bad?

Nairobi to be honest is very different. Coast is very easy going people are a bit more relaxed and there's no pressure. But Nairobi is completely the opposite, with challenges that keep you on your toes. There are also more opportunities here. So I like it. The only thing that pisses me off is the crime. You can’t walk around in Nai even from a neighbour’s house at 10 pm but at the coast...even my grandmother walks from my aunties’ to her house at 1 am… surely.

I must say you have all your curves in place, is there some magic of sorts that keeps you on point like that?

Honestly...I don’t put any effort into trying to maintain what you say I have. I just live. I eat what I want when i want. Never been on diet.... the only thing I can say really helps is probably because I walk alot and i don walk slowly - because I just can’t. And probably also swimming.

What can you say is your most annoying bit?

I tend to forget what people tell me sometimes.

Being Maa, do you sometimes get the ‘Traditional knack’ to drape into those Enka Rashas?

Let me not lie, the only time I’ve worn Maasai attire is back when I was in Standard 6 during golden jubilee celebrations at my primary school, Loreto Convent Mombasa. That was it. I’m more into my jeans.

By the way, do you have an English name? Care to share?

My English name is Natasha. But I normally use that for school only.

Are you the superstitious kind? What’s your sign? Superstition is inevitable especially with some of the things going on in the world; you can’t help but be superstitious. I am an Aries.

How do you spoil yourself?

I don’t. I know it’s probably hard to believe, but I honestly never have time for myself. I’m always thinking of how I can make someone else happy. That’s just me.

Who’s the lucky guy that presently has you by his side? You! Si you are conducting the interview! Ha ha… just kidding. No one at the moment. And when there is someone ill be sure to let you know.

Being a celebrity, many people definitely come up to you, say on the street, what are the weirdest thing and the sweetest thing you’ve ever been told or asked?

I can’t really classify them under those two things but let me just say one time there were these three guys who stopped me on the street and started telling me how happy they were to meet me and I was flattered, until they started saying I can’t leave them and that I must give them my number. They were actually grabbing my arm saying I can’t leave...I soooo wanted to shoot them.

What is your all time favorite song and Musician?

Michael Jackson will forever remain in my heart. As for favourite song it’s Michael Jackson’s ‘Will you be there’. The song made me study real hard in standard 6 that I became number 6, I was so jazzed.

What else fascinates you, besides music and radio? Chemistry. I think it’s so cool when you understand a chemical and its reaction in different situations and being able to explain it like you created it. Understanding till you own it.

Future plans? Hopefully I’ll find my way back to school to study the only thing I’ve ever wanted to study...pharmacy. I also want to at least release a solo album to appease the gods of the music industry...and grow in all my current occupations, radio and fashion.

HFM Quick fire

Screams or Soft Crys

SOFT CRYS

Outdoor or Indoor girl

INDOOR

Roses or Lilies

LILIES

Beach or Wild

WILD

Cats or Dogs

DOGS

City life or Upcountry Serenity

UPCOUNTRY SERENITY

No comments: