Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tonnies interview wth Redsan

REDSAN

THE PIONEER

Arguably the most refined dancehall artist in the region, Redsan, real name Mohamed Swabri, has over the years displayed superiority in his hits with a magical touch in narrative, beats and bass, hooks, chants and unique delivery. He truly is the pioneer and still going strong. He speaks to Anthony Nabiliki of HFM.

Your music has matured a great deal over the years and you are definitely on top of your game right now, what is the secret recipe
I have God to thank for that secondly my family and my fans for my music, it's been challenging actually trying to do a song that every one can relate to and love, i have a secret to that and i wont let it out just yet.

Could you break down for us some of your career highlights?
My career has been smooth sailing for the past four years, many reasons actually but I’ll go to the important one. My music is not local and this way I can reach a lot of people around the globe and get them to understand what message I’m passing out and these are the ‘highlights’ I hold close to heart. Seeing thousands of people appreciate my music around the world is a big blessing to me.

I know it hasn’t been an all-smooth ride, what are some of the challenges you’ve had to endure?
Challenges are there everyday it's just that now we have matured more and can make our challenges work for us rather than allow them to destroy what we have build. We don't dwell on or stress over challenges so much.

What made you come up with the title The Pioneer for your new album?
Pioneer was a name chosen by my managers overseas, reason is i have done great things for the Kenyan music industry and also promoted our music internationally i am the first Kenyan artist to brake through the international scene, and people see that out there and that’s how the name came up.

Some of our HFM lady readers consider you a sex symbol. What do you have say about that?
Sex symbol? I wouldn't let my girls down so I always look sharp, be intelligent know how to treat people and be your self and that’s sexy. So yeah we are proud of that.

Considering you are a good looking and successful musician, do you sometimes feel like you are getting a lot of negative energy from guys, or maybe an occasional envious look?
Not every one will like you and not everyone will hate i don't waste time on negative issues i believe being right is every human beings goal so if someone is negative towards what you do, that’s their beef. Live your life right and always concentrate on the positive things - that’s my drive.

Have you ever had ladies hitting on you and how do you politely tell them off
I’ve had moments when i couldn't control some invites that have been thrown towards me but you just have to listen you can't do anything about it, i just smile most of the time.

What is your ideal kind of lady?
My ideal lady has to be smart, funny, intelligent, out going, not so serious on petty matters, and she has to have a killer physique man. That’s just me I don't know about ya'll.

What special plans do you have this Valentines Day?
Valentines mmhh. Not really planned but I’ll let you know on the next issue what I did.

What special message do you have to your fans both in Kenya and outside the country?
My fans are my life and blood. Always keep it blazing, always support your boy. Know who you are to me because I love you all.

How do you spoil yourself?
I don’t, I let someone else do that for me, that ground is well covered.

What’s next for Redsan?
I have a new album coming out; fresh new singles and videos in the very near future. Things will be extremely sweltering for those who aren't in the red zone...

HFM QUICK FIRE

Looks or personality
Looks

Rain or Sunshine
Both

Staying in or going out
Staying in

Morning person or not
Depends

Drive or chauffeured
Driving

Love poems or flowers
All of the above

No comments: